Sunday, July 18, 2010

Hello blog world!

So this is my very first blog post ever! My husband has been harping on me to start a blog ever since I wrote some blurbs for our wedding website a while ago and apparently amused him to some degree. I used to journal ever since I was a kid (even when I was in elementary school and would circle all the words I didn't know how to spell, like a good little first grader!) but it's been really sporadic and now I average maybe one journal entry a year. So, I thought writing my own blog would be a fun way to document the craziness of my life, let my husband think I have a "hobby" (who has time for those things I ask you?!) and give me yet another activity to add to my list of productive procrastination diversions.

Disclaimers:
  • I do not promise to write regularly, in fact, if I am on call every 4th night sleep will trump everything and I will not find staring at a computer screen to be a priority and I may go AWOL for a few weeks.
  • I enjoy parentheses (who doesn't?) and will use them at a rate of approximately one set per sentence.
  • I did not major in English or photography, my grammar may be shoddy and my photos will definitely be less than perfect.
  • I don't know anything about designing webpages and will use whatever template on blogger has the most green in it, and then only consider upgrading if my readership extends beyond my immediate family.
  • I have a lingering fear of crazy internet stalkers (probably left over from my mother's outrage at my father putting pictures of us kids on his website when the internet was just rolling out - "you put pictures of our children on the WORLD WIDE WEB!? but they will be kidnapped!!!) and will attempt to maintain some anonymity with the use of pseudonyms and lack of identifying human pictures (you will however see plenty of the furry beasts) and any other such trickery I see fit.
  • Any stories involving patients will have so many details changed that HIPAA will have nothing on me, and you couldn't figure out who I was talking about even if you were there for the H&P yourself.
At this point you may be asking yourself, why am I reading this blog? And what is it going to be about anyhow? It is going to be about my life. I (excuse the cliche) wear many hats: medical student, apartment manager, newlywed wife, self proclaimed urban enviro-hippy, daughter, mother to three furry creatures (Fatcat, Ninjacat and the Beast - the animals wanted pseudonyms too) , frugal 20-something, sister, poorly motivated homemaker, even less motivated crafter. I may choose to write about anything from how the dog ate my hat today (that was actually yesterday, and it is still a tragedy) to how the little old lady I saw in the ER the other night told me I was a "kind soul" but then assaulted a nurse the next day.
So without further ado, I introduce to you the Bizonion family blog. May it inform you, inspire you, amuse you, update you, but most of all I hope it will at least make you laugh. And Ninjacat says that if you are half as happy with this blog as he is with his box, then life is good.

No comments:

Post a Comment